Saturday, September 22, 2012

Returning to Form

Saturday - September 22, 2012

Eleven hours of deep, sweet sleep have eradicated Thursday's MRI-induced headache and may have injected some pep in my legs.  Waking up today was one of those wonderful moments where I emerged slowly from a nurturing dream (focused on Matoaka and Rock Spring - I DO enjoy my worklife), became aware of the glorious day awaiting discovery (signaled by cool breezes, birdsong, and the soft presence of snoozing hounds), and realize that my loved ones are healthy and happy and that life is very, very good.... 

This new era of low-platelet bruising is indeed eye-catching and impossible to ignore.  While I'm still shocked by the purple scarring of my May surgeries, these new large black blots sometimes hijack my attention and I think:  "Wow, what a complete and total mess!"  With these visible marks, I find it difficult to ignore the fact that I am in the midst of a health battle.  Each of my elbows is marked by green-tinted blood draws, my left hand is blue from Monday's IV, and my inner thighs are an archipelago of purple atolls stretching from knee to groin.  Four and a half months into this journey, bruising seems to have become the norm.  C'mon platelets, put out!  Wipe out these symbols of illness and let's press on with healing ....
Our peaceful view from the new house

NOTE:  After a week of consideration and debate, we are NOT moving forward with the waterview house.  I am pleased to return my (fantasy) renovation energies to full focus on our Kingsmill house :)  Who knows when we will actually be moving into this space but we are preparing our changes so we will be ready to roll when the time comes! 

No comments: