Saturday, September 29, 2012

Dreaming of a Daytrip + A Rock Spring Rendezvous

Saturday - September 29, 2012

Why set an alarm on a Saturday morning?  Well, I was hoping to catch Jonathan before he headed north to FedEx Field for this afternoon's Virginia Tech game but ... no luck!  Our committed Hokie was up and away before 7.  I feel so fortunate that we got to see him for some found time in the midst of his busier-than-ever semester.  Is there any possible way that Joe and I could make it to Blacksburg before my BMT sequestration begins?  This next round of high-dose methotrexate is not supposed to devastate my blood levels as Hyper CVAD did.  Might we manage a daytrip in the next few weekends?  This goal might be pie-in-the-sky but why not aim high?  I would love to be able to visit Jonathan! Every parenting instinct in my body yearns to get to VT but the reality of neutropenia intrudes.  Perhaps my blood levels will stay above physician-sanctioned thresholds.  Blacksburg in the autumn.  Jonathan's home turf.  I'm feeling lucky.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Rock Spring memories of the Ensigns in one of my ABC Yearbooks
My day at the sewing machine was spelled by a fabulous rendezvous with an old Rock Spring friend whose connection goes back to when Jonathan was a Dinosaur and who later became my touchstone and immediate contact when I was first hired as RSCP director.  Lisa was here for W&M's Family Weekend and we shared salads, conversation. and smiles at the Crust.  Oh how time flies!  Lisa and I might essentially look our lovely, familiar best (without hair in my case) but those cheery youngsters from the RSCP years?  They are now lanky, competent, and engaging young adults who are incredible company!  What a happy outing out in the world!  Thanks to Lisa, Aleeya, and Shayne for the company and the visit!

No comments: