Wednesday, September 12, 2012

It's the Little Chores

Wednesday - September 12, 2012

I am so grateful to be home enjoying a glorious autumn morning!  Bonuses - Jonathan's thought-provoking essay awaited me in my inbox and Megan's photos of her new apartment are up on her blog.  How wonderful to have a morning shout-out from the children to begin my day!

Are my physical fatigue, rapid pulse, and frequent breathlessness a bit better today?  Perhaps....  Today's bar is set at an achievable level:  rest and strengthening remain the overarching order of the day - along with some simple chores.  Yesterday, I managed to do some cooking, laundry, and cleaning.  Once upon a time, these small tasks would have been throw-aways, squeezed in among the larger, more exciting projects that defined the rhythm, productivity, and satisfaction of my day.  Now I find myself trying to get even one of these minor objectives accomplished in the course of a day.  Grabbing breath, leaning against walls, measuring and meting out my efforts ... somehow I achieved the mundane yesterday and am oh-so-happy!  Today, I am busting out the sewing machine - an effective means to regulate my pulse and regain strength AND to check off some tasks from my to-do list.  Sounds like a plan.

No comments: