Friday, September 21, 2012

Hometime

Friday - September 21, 2012

Well, I am certainly feeling some effects of yesterday's epic outing.  Yes it was an emotional and restorative high but I'm simply not used to being on the go and on my feet for so long.  My life has not been that active these many months and I am recuperating!  Somehow, this realization comes as a bit of a surprise but really what have I done that has been physical since my May 2 lymph node surgery (and inadvertent complicating bladder nick)?  My energies have been necessarily elsewhere - just processing the chemo, regathering strength, and trying to sleep!

In happy family news, Megan was fortunate enough to get a ride with a friend of Jonathan's roommate and has just left for a weekend in Blacksburg.  I LOVE the idea that the kids are together for some fun, football, and even dodgeball!  It would have been such a shame if Megan and Jonathan had not intersected during this east coast visit.  As for me, today, I am cleaning up (various household debris fields), finishing up (sewing projects!), reading up (for my Coursera class), and resting up  -- no choice in this area because (while it's hard to admit) I am truly tired!

No comments: