Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Lymphoma Sometimes Just Fades from Consciousness

Wednesday - September 19, 2012

Changing this UP!
Full immersion in projects is a true blessing, especially these days.  Yesterday at the sewing machine, I had a long interval where I completely forgot about stage 4 cancer, chemotherapy side effects, and the ongoing debate about my upcoming Bone Marrow Transplant.  I was simply lost in focus - working on "slipcovering" Megan's new room's billiard light with Chinese peasant cloth.  Megan sat alongside me reversing / creating ribbon strips while I finished off seams and debated how much lining was necessary to keep the lettering from bleeding through and we listened / watched SYTYCD and Survivor clips on the computer.  Normalcy.  Focus.  Lack of intrusion and limitation from finger neuropathy.  Fun with our remarkable girl!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What a homey, happy day alongside Megan and some still-recovering hounds (sleepy and hungry).   The sewing machine grounded the day with me finishing up Megan's closet curtains and getting oh-so-close on this billiard light project.  Midday, Megan and I took a break to run a few errands on DoG Street and grab lunch at Mooyah and later prepped a pasta dinner which we ate on the deck in the cool air under our glorious pines.  I do indeed feel that I am on some sort of emotional holiday!

And, yes, enjoying the "Survivor" premier alongside Megan was a real treat!

No comments: