Sunday, November 18, 2012

November's Tandem Birthdays

Sunday- November 18, 2012
Picasa, Picasa  ... where would my scanning be without you?

My family has two pairs of tandem birthdays:  Megan and Carolyn share a July birthday and my sister Rachel shares her November 18 birthday with my Aunt Virginia.  Being somewhat of a numbers geek, I have always loved the idea of the shared celebration AND I am grateful for the opportunity to reminisce about the nurturing, down-to-earth, and humorous presence Virginia had in the Carter siblings' lives.

This year, Rachel is marking a milestone birthday!  I was so excited this week to dovetail my photo scanning project with her birthday and to finally start uploading our family archives up onto the web for general access and use.  Finally, a small part of the print part of this digitizing project seems to be reaching an end point; I have almost finished the "loose" photos - as opposed to the photos in albums which are derived from negatives.  So, next up are my film negatives and my new negative-specific scanner :)  Soon!

Today has been a lovely, quiet yet productive day.  Gina and I had a terrific catch-up over brunch and then I came home to my computer, Picasa, Winkflash ... and football!  Having Jonathan home is an amazing treat,  enjoying RedZone with him is very good fun, and a Redskins win is icing on the cake!

My energy remains high, my strength is growing, and other than dry skin and eyes I believe I can say I remain comfortably symptom-free  :)   Of course, the hard evidence of a clear MRI makes everything even better!

No comments: