Saturday, October 13, 2012

Platelet Power!

Saturday - October 13, 2012

Megan sends reinforcement!
You know, the mail has a certain level of predictability.  These days, our box is mostly full of "Explanation of Benefits / This is NOT A BILL!" notifications from our dependable, stalwart insurance company so the level of mail surprise has declined even more.  Well, yesterday the most unusual item - perhaps ever! - arrived in the mail.

"What could it be?"  I wondered, making eye contact with a pair of attentive googly eyes staring up at me from a body of soft yellow fur (?) ....
Feet?
Hair?
No other discernible features?
Having no real idea, I finally checked its tag ...

A PLATELET!

Fabulous!  I could not stop laughing!  I need every platelet I can get!  This platelet is truly a precious commodity and has become an immediate favorite.  Thank you, Megan!  Our sweet girl hit the nail on the head!

No comments: