Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Obliterated? - not quite

Tuesday - October 23, 2012

Taking my cue from yesterday evening's flagging of energy, I am ratcheting it down a few notches today ... trying not to overdo, meting out my stamina, nurturing those pesky platelets and other blood components.  The hounds and I have already enjoyed a fabulous walk but I kept it local rather than trekking to the river (maybe we'll venture out with Joe later in the day).   I am simply enjoying a peaceful day in my own comfie home thinking of family and friends, reflecting on all the positives I have reaped in my personal and professional lives.

Yes, my attention continues to be home focused with house chores (!) taking the forefront.  In "The Emperor of All Maladies:  A Biography of Cancer," the oncologist author writes "our patients found their lives virtually obliterated by [cancer]."   At first glance, my redirect from outward community work to inward home tasks certainly substantiates this observation; it seems that I have dropped everything for the foreseeable future.  But in reality, the focus and clarity that emerges from this "incanceration" reinforces the important elements that remain uninterrupted:  precious children, loving husband, fabulous family, and wonderful friends.  Obliterated?  Nope.

No comments: