Friday, June 22, 2012

A Thumb-Tingling Kind of Day

Friday - June 22, 2012

After a typical 4 a.m. wake-up, I was thrilled to grab more sleep today!  Perhaps the effects of the steroids are finally waning.  Twice, I zonked out for long naps and as a result my cognitive acuity seems to have been a bit restored!  The couch remains my domain as I try to harbor my limited physical strength.  I am well-surrounded by my bustling, wonderful family who come and go bearing lemon water, lasagna, raspberry sherbert, everything bagels, and good humor as I slip in and out of naps.


As predicted at VCU, I am now experiencing some peripheral neuropathy in my hands, predominantly in my thumbs.  It is an odd tingling sensation that certainly makes me less dexterous than I already am!  Very odd.

Dan, Carolyn, and the kids had an active day on base kayaking in the creeks, swimming at the pool, biking around base, and then going to a film in the midst of an awesome afternoon thunderstorm.  Their normal rhythm and activity is grounding and affirming.  I feel so fortunate that they are here! 


Dusk is not as innocent as he appears.  He launched the day with a vigorous bout of cat vomiting at the top of the stairs.  Jonathan woke up, went to the rescue, and cleaned it up.


No comments: