Saturday, June 23, 2012

All A-Tingle (but More Alert)

Saturday - June 23, 2012

Oh, these 3 a.m. wake-ups are becoming the norm!  With Joe and the Alzamoras happily snoozing upstairs, I come downstairs to find Jonathan splayed out and sleeping on the long couch, MLB TV generally on (as lighting?  as background noise?).  I take up my accustomed perch on the other couch, turn on the computer for BBC, pull out the iPad for some NYT crosswords distraction, and await daytime.  Jonathan is so sweet, sensing my presence and half-waking to ask periodically if I am okay or need anything.  He is barely conscious yet is trying to help; what a thoughtful, terrific man!  Eventually this morning, I stretched out for an hour's nap at around 6 a.m. and have been up ever since.  The best news is that I am feeling somewhat more energetic and have rediscovered some strength in my major muscle groups!  My thumbs are extra tingly and I have lost some dexterity in my hands.  Ah, well, I'm sure it's temporary  :)

Today, the boys got me off of the couch and out of the house to David Everett's newly-opened DoG St. Pub!  How could I resist a trip to the newest incarnation of a favorite chef's restaurant?  All in all, we had a great meal and expedition and - screw the chemo or whatever restrictions I might have - I could not resist some sips of Jonathan's Legend Lager on tap.  A terrific brew to savor!

No comments: