Monday, June 25, 2012

Not A Wink of Sleep ...

Monday - June 25, 2012

.... Who knows why but - despite best efforts and crushing fatigue - I have been up ALL night....  Somehow, I am cognitively alert, chasing various internet threads and wormholes through the wee hours.  Since last week's 71st anniversary of the launch of Operation Barbarossa, I have been trolling through info on the Soviet military response to the Nazi invasion.  The night is long and my knowledge base of the Eastern theater is thin so I've been keeping quite busy.

Joe and I are off in about 90 minutes to VCU where I will begin cycle #3 (even cycle) of my Hyper CVAD protocol.  Today is a daytrip where I will receive chemo via a lumbar puncture ("interthecal" = great Scrabble word) then a 2+ hour infusion of Rituxan (while I nap, perhaps?).  I'm hoping we'll be back by 2 p.m.!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Home by 2:15!  Bloodwork = strong.  Intrethecal methatexrate and cytarbine = comfortable.  Rituxan = infused.  Now it's naptime!  

No comments: