Saturday, August 11, 2012

"Weekends don't count ...

Saturday - August 11, 2012

Ele-phonse: being pointless
... unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."  ~ Bill Watterson (Calvin & Hobbes)


This last weekend before chemo round #5 of 6 (two-thirds done already!), I plan to shepherd energies and strength, readying for next week's 24 hours of methotrexate infusion (and the ensuing mucositis), bracing myself for another 5 days / 4 nights in the hospital, and just enjoying the company of Jonathan and Joe.  While I remain a bit hamstrung by physical fatigue, I need to sate my "get-it-done" bent and achieve something completely tangible this weekend.  In this case, my goal is to organize and finish packing up my teaching materials and graduate school texts.  And to rest up ...

No comments: