Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Resting up

Tuesday - August 21, 2012

"Peace" and rest sounds perfect!
Ten hours sleep last night has not exactly resulted in a peppy, zippy awakening but I am excited that my fever is down and that my pulse is under control.  I am still ... not ... quite ... right.  Some congestion.  Epic mucositis.  General weakness.  Another gray morning certainly seems conducive to a day of rest and recuperation with my eyes fixed steadfastly on the goal of staying OUT of the hospital.  One significant change about my discharge orders is that I am now taking two prophylactic antibiotics to combat infection.  This protection eases my mind.  I know that although my entire GI track is currently pretty well shredded, my natural E. coli should be confined to its designated locale and NOT cross into my bloodstream (again).


No comments: