Wednesday, August 22, 2012

"Riding the wave"

Wednesday - August 22, 2012


I have been hunkering down - trying to eat, swallow, and maintain a pulse that doesn't result in loss of breath or dizziness.  I see this status as one of unavoidable inertia;  Joe described it yesterday as "riding the wave" - a phrase that I find to be completely evocative.  I'm just going with it - napping as needed, avoiding exertion, working around my mouth sores, maybe even zoning out a bit....  Carolyn surprised me with a delivery from the base store.  How did she even get the phone number? Not an easy feat.  Twenty cups of sherbert to ease my aching mouth  :) 


The BMT second opinion is not yet scheduled.  VCU has still not faxed my medical records;  apparently this task is done by a contractor only on Fridays and she did not get to it last week.  UMD- Baltimore's Greenebaum Cancer Center cannot schedule an appointment until the records are in hand.  Ah well, we are now looking at Sept. 24 at the earliest for the daytrip up to Baltimore.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A morning outing with Gina was certainly a highlight of this quiet, almost-feels-like-I'm-underwater week!  Today is Gina's last day of summer vacation since tomorrow teachers report to school for meetings and classroom prep.  While Aroma's seems to be one of our standards, this time in choosing a rendez-vous spot my only criteria was soft food!  Success!  So excited for Gina starting her second year! 

No comments: