Saturday, August 25, 2012

Room 142 on CCH3

Saturday - August 25, 2012

A rainy morning outside VCU's Critical Care Hospital. I did not make it onto the Oncology floor.  Instead, I am up one floor on "Acute Medicine" but inside all seems familiar: the shrill chimes of alarms, the predictable rhythm and schedule, the comforting set-up of the room and its furniture, and the glorious expanse of the huge rain-flecked window. 

After discussions with both my day and my night RNs, I enjoyed a decent night's sleep (5 hours in one stretch!) as vitals and blood draws were consolidated into one time.  More antibiotics and saline seem to have lowered and stabilized my temperature.  As for the instigation for this admission, more red blood cells have not (yet) been transfused ... perhaps today.  Given the time needed for my blood cultures, it looks like I will be here until tomorrow at the earliest.  Yup, I'm in for the entire weekend.  My ninth hospitalization since May 2 AND I am 3 for 3 for hospitalizations after my even cycles of Hyper CVAD.  I am truly and absolutely bummed out.  Maybe feeling even a wee bit blue ....

No comments: