Friday, August 31, 2012

Changed Schedules

Friday - August 31, 2012

Today officially begins my 6th round of Hyper CVAD chemotherapy.  The schedule has been altered due to Labor Day.  Rather than having my Rituxan infusion on Monday, Joe and I are traveling up to VCU today for this 3-hour infusion followed by a consultation with my oncologist.  I am scheduled to go into the hospital for five nights beginning Tuesday.  In addition, my intrathecal chemotherapy will come in tandem with my Neulasta shot the Monday after next week's hospitalization. 

So, six rounds of chemotherapy since mid-May.  Ten hospitalizations.  Who knows how many hours sitting in Dalton Clinic waiting for my name to be called.  I can't decide if time has flown or crawled .... It has just been.  Days morph into one another and the summer has passed, the drugs have been absorbed and processed, and my lymphoma is no longer in evidence.  I'll take that!  A summer well spent!  The plan first laid out in mid-May is coming to a close with GOOD RESULTS!  I can draw breath (a bit)....

Looking forward into autumn, my Bone Marrow Transplant looms.  I am thrilled that my second opinion with University of Maryland-Baltimore's Greenebaum Cancer Center has been moved up to September 24.  With this new timing, we will have the opportunity to digest and consider my options.  Then part two of this health challenge begins. 

No comments: