Monday, July 9, 2012

Scrabble Before Sunrise

Monday - July 9, 2012

Mr. Cow reminds me of safety measures
"Scrabble Before Sunrise" sounds like a Magic Tree House title, yes?  Well, Jack and Annie were not around this morning when I was bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at 3:50.  While another early morning is the price I paid for those lovely Sunday naps, I have been well-occupied playing Scrabble against myself on the iPad, doing NYT crosswords in Jonathan's birthday-gifted-books, and listening to yesterday's NPR broadcasts.

On the medical front, my temperature, pulse, and blood pressure are well within normal range overnight; LOVE that 97.6 temperature!  However, my ankles have disappeared with some edema (no pitting) and I am "legs up" as a self-imposed countermeasure.

The sun is finally up and I see clouds and mist and the promise of cooler temperatures for all who are lucky enough to go outside.  I remain somewhat (and perhaps foolishly) hopeful that today might be discharge day!  My temp is down and oral antibiotics are certainly available.  Why not?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Just met with the oncologist and he thinks I will be discharged ... tomorrow.  Ah well.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Joseph has arrived, bringing my nerdy heart's desire:  binder and sheet protectors  :)   My bloodwork and discharge instructions are all well-organized and I am now trying to read the tea leaves of my previous two Neulasta-bolstered white blood cell rebounds to determine when I might rebound this time.  It seems that I am running a bit late.

No comments: