Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Happy, Happy, Happy!

Tuesday - December 4, 2012

  • Happy to have taken another step back to normal today!  No (anticipated) upcoming hospitalizations means that I can bust out of my bubble, risk germs, and get back to teaching.  At this point, substituting is the answer.  And I am so SO SO HAPPY to have ventured out of my quarantine and into school as a substitute today :)  Hurrah!
  • Happy to get back to WORK! To a school!  To a sense of contribution!
  • Happy to return to familiar halls, familiar faces, and a familiar routine at Matoaka!  So many people who have impacted me over the last few years!  So many folks who have helped me weather the tremendous health challenge of this last long year....  And today I had the lovely chance to see them for a bit....
  • Happy to interact with elementary schoolers!  Connecting with children is truly a blessing.  I can honestly say that I have never taken this opportunity and pleasure for granted over so many years, roles, countries, and educational settings.  I love being with students.  I love exploring, discovering, and creating experience and knowledge with them.  I love it!  I love them!  How lucky to have a chance to participate in a classroom again!  How splendid to be with so many students from my student teaching year!  How AMAZING to see some of my first graders, six months older and wiser and just as cheery as can be! 
  • Happy to have Joe at home, to share our days, to mull possibilities, to simply sit alongside and be myself....
  • Happy to know our children are busy and fulfilled and will be home soon!
  • Happy to have a respite from health concerns. 
Happy, happy, happy!  I'm just ... HAPPY!  Can you tell?

No comments: