Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Comfortable in Room 144

Wednesday - May 30, 2012

Back in room 144 on the Adult Oncology Floor.  It's comforting to know that my fever is down, antibiotics are flowing, and my blood is being monitored - a LOT!  I remain very fatigued with severe mouth sores and ear pain.  Morphine last night helped ease the pain and allowed about 7 hours of (interrupted for vitals and blood draws) sleep.  I may be looking at another transfusion today since my platelets are again low.  As for those reluctant neutrophils, they were almost untraceable yesterday so I'm hoping for better today!

Trying to get as much nutrition as possible.  Scrambled eggs were a tough meal to swallow but liquids are working.  Frozen yogurt in my future?  Oh, I think so!

Megan camped out on the single bed / couch in the room last night and is keeping me tremendous company!  She is working on a paper and I am trying to stay awake for an upcoming doctor's visit with some wordplay.  Too frazzled to return emails but I will try to later this afternoon!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Thank you so much for keeping us up-to-date through the blog. I feel connected and that I know more specifically what to pray for without having to tax you.

You are a fighter, Christine. The fight is long, but well worth it. Because my mom fought so hard, she saw college graduations she never thought she would see. There will be great events in the midst of the trials! It sounds trite, but love, does indeed, conquer all.

Many hugs...Kim