Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Healing Power of Friends

Tuesday - April 16, 2013

Thank goodness for Jeff, Ellen, and Jonathan Katz!  Their weekend visit has kept my head above water, my focus on the blessings of friends, connection, and laughter, and my gratitude expressed in words as well as mind.  I am grateful for spring days, for cuddles with dogs, and for sharing long-loved memories and new discoveries with fine friends.  I am grateful for connection and contact.  Sharing these days with friends did not dissipate my  thoughts and prayers channeled towards Children's Hospital, rather it highlighted the delicacy and richness of comfortable happy connections. Yes, sorrow and sadness might be present but aren't these feelings evidence of human outreach?

Life can be fleeting - a circumstance that may indeed be beyond our control - but we can choose to make life bright with smiles and buoyant with love.
Friends and family make that possible.
... (Small sighthounds can also work some magic) ...

No comments: