Thursday, April 25, 2013

My Idea of "A Perfect Date"


Thursday - April 25, 2013

May 1983 Univ. of Pennsylvania graduation
True, today was perhaps the prototypical example of Miss Congeniality wisdom:  "not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket."  But the reason it's a perfect date is because it's my father's birthday.  A bittersweet day.  SO many fabulous touchstones and memories keep my father close even 18 years after his death yet ... he is still irrevocably gone.  His absence has resonated even more deeply for me during this illness-that-turned-out-to-be-cancer year.  Today was a gorgeous spring day and (even though I am still coughing with an intensity that threatens to crack ribs) I enjoyed soaking in happy thoughts of my supportive, funny, impish, hard-working, intelligent, loving, and expressive father.  In death, he still helps me remain calm and focus on the positives.


1 comment:

JC said...

That is so cute. Christine you look so adorable.Your dad is an angel looking after you girl.