Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A Burden Eased

Small hands = "more help" in previous moves!
Wednesday - May 29, 2013

It is difficult to convey what a tremendous sense of relief I feel.  I want to bathe in relief, stomp on lingering worries, and barrel full speed ahead to California!  Last week's confirmation that (within the limits of current technology and for the present slice of time) no lymphoma can be detected "lurking" in my traitorous duplicitous body has literally lifted a burden.  Still no activity detected in my bones?  I stand a little straighter.  No return to that troubling lymphoma bright spot on my liver from last May?  I sleep a little deeper.  And no lymphoma hiding in my left orbit, pressing on my cranial nerves, driving me to lunacy with unrelenting migraine pain and bizarre double vision? Well, I enjoy my late night walk around our neighborhood loop with the hounds, gaze at that glorious vista of moon and stars and am fully and utterly content that I can see just one moon, that it is in focus, and that it will be there waiting for me when I snap the dogs into their leashes and head off tomorrow.  Burden eased.  Hope affirmed.  Focus forward!

Joseph and I are fully focused on our transition to California.  Happily, to-do lists are being tackled, boxes are finding their way into "storage or Sausalito" piles, and multiple job prospects are emerging.  All the while, I am feeling so much more relaxed.  Scan by scan, we claw our way back to a higher level of calm.  Yet I am completely aware that others are not so calm, so lucky.  I am so mindful of our great good fortune.  So many blessings.

2 comments:

JC said...

This is the cutest picture I have seen of Jonathan. The view from Sausalito apartment is awesome. All good things are to follow Christine. I am so happy and excited for you. I wish I was there to help you with the move. Take care and love to you all

Unknown said...

Oh, Joyce, couldn't you just cuddle those cheeks and tousle that mop of hair! Jonathan was 4 1/2 in this photo. We were packing out from Hong Kong where we also had a spectacular view of the city and the harbor. I truly am looking forward to the vista in Sausalito - so peaceful and always changing! The flat is MUCH smaller than anything we have lived in since 1991. It's probably less than 1/2 the size of our Manhattan House apartment so we are getting down to bare minimums in terms of furniture, clothing, and stuff in general. Very exciting!