Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Another Step Forward (by Going Back ...)

Tuesday - February 19, 2013

... that is, by going back into an elementary school :)  Today was my first (half) day of a multi-week assignment to tutor math in 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade classrooms.  It was simply and absolutely lovely to begin to regain the footing that was forcibly wrested from me on May 12 last year.  I am keen to snatch back my plans and goals from the bludgeoning mugger that is (was?) my stage 4 lymphoma.  I am oh-so-ready to refine my previous experience and to expand and stretch into new knowledge and understandings.  Ready, ready, ready.  I am deeply appreciative of the continuity of this long assignment as well as the half-day position.  As reluctant as I might be to admit, a full-time classroom position and lesson planing might be beyond my strength just now.  And, of course, Megan is home for another four weeks  :)

No comments: