Monday, March 10, 2014

Waves of Fury (Tinged with Fear)

Enjoying the beauty of California is a salve
Monday - March 10, 2014

Carolyn has suggested that I might have a twinge of PTSD and, while I believe she may be onto something, sometimes the blues are 100% valid.  Trauma is justified.  My armor of good cheer and optimism has been battered in the last week by ... news of a cancer death, a cancer relapse, and a cancer diagnosis in my small little slice of the social universe.  Relentless.  Insidious.  Horrible cancer.  Too many families suffering too much pain.  So I try to refortify my armor by holding my family close, smiling when thinking about friends, snuggling the hounds, working way too much (but sleeping far too little), counting the days until my April 14 scan, and praying for these families fighting this scourge.  Battle on. 

No comments: